Security is a priority at GSImarkets. We work hard 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to keep your money and personal information safe. We use a combination of technology and methods to help to protect the security of your online session.
- GSImarkets emails will never ask you to click a link in an email to input your details.
- We will never ask you to enter your password on our website. Passwords are only used to login into our trading platforms.
- In order to use our services always directly go to www.gsimarkets.com. Always type in the address yourself.
Take control of your online security
We do a lot to ensure you stay safe online but there are some simple things you can do to help. Simply follow these simple guidelines and use common sense to stay safe.
Secure your technology
While operating systems and web browsers do a good job of keeping your information secure and private, you may want to consider adding additional layers of security to your computer.
- Update and protect your devices
Ensure all your computers, mobile phones, PDAs, portable devices, operating systems and Internet browsers are regularly updated with the latest versions.
- Enable personal firewalls
Secure your Internet connection and computer with a personal firewall. Both Windows and Mac operating systems offer built-in firewall functionality.
- Install anti-virus and malware scanning/protection softwares
Keep your anti-virus and malware protection applications updated with the latest version.
- Turn on screensavers/password protection
Lock your machine when you’re away from your computer, or configure a password-protected screensaver to be activated after a preset period of inactivity. This will help to ensure that both your machine and connection remain secure when you’re distracted or busy with something else.
Protect your data
- Protect your password and email
Make sure you’ve got a strong password. It should be at least eight characters long and contain a mix of uppercase letters, lowercase letters and numbers. Don’t use the same password across all your accounts and be sure to change them regularly.
- Keep your login and passwords in a safe place and do not share it with third parties.
- Make sure no one is watching you while you are logging on to your account or email.
- Do not allow any computers to memorise your password if asked.
- Avoid using a computer in a public place.
- Protect your identity
Criminals are targeting social networking sites such as Facebook, Twitter and MySpace to steal personal information. So be careful with what you share online.
- Don’t publish details that can identify you. They include birthdates, phone numbers, addresses and full names.
- Limit your profile. Consider restricting your profile to friends and family only.
Probably the most common scam is phishing. Emails from what looks like your bank or trusted service like GSImarkets asking you to either ‘update’ ‘validate’ or simply ‘confirm’ your details will lead to a fake website that looks exactly like the legitimate version but is hosted on a different URL. A few simple steps can protect you from phishing scams:
- Remember that GSIMARKETS or your bank would never ask you to confirm your username or passwords in any situation. Under no circumstances divulge these to anyone.
- Report suspected phishing emails to firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not reply or respond in any way to these emails.
- For using our services always go directly to www.gsimarkets.com
Secure your connections
- Secure your home network
An updated and protected computer, connected to trusted sites via a trusted network, is the safest possible way online trading.
- Always ensure a personal firewall is installed, regardless of how you connect to the Internet.
- Your wireless network should at least be locked down with a WPA level protection, and WPA-2 level whenever possible.
- Consider reducing your network’s range or broadcast to make it harder for unauthorised users to find and gain access.
- Use trusted public networks
Remember that online trading is different from socially browsing the Internet or sending email. Adopting a different attitude towards security and privacy is necessary to keep your money and information safe.
- Use only reputable network providers.
- Never use public Internet computers or other devices for online trading.
Report suspicious activity
If you do encounter a site or person claiming they represent GSIMARKETS , or offering any service on behalf of GSIMARKETS which makes you suspicious in any way, please report it immediately to email@example.com.
We encourage you to tell us about all suspected scams or frauds. By letting us know about any suspicious activity, you can ensure your money is safely and securely stored and you aren’t put in a risky situation.
Contact us if you’ve accidentally disclosed your account details, or been subject to fraud.